UPSC Geologist Exam
Latest Update: UPSC Geologist Exam Notification has been released now by Union Public Service Commission. Candidates having Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Geological Science etc can apply for UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist And Geologist Examination by submitting their Application Form till the Last Date that is 16th April 2019.
Candidates applying for the UPSC Geologist Examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. The verification process of candidates with reference to original documents will be done after the completion of Interview/ Personality Test.
UPSC Geologist Exam Date:
After submitting then applications successfully up to 16-04-2019 till 06:00 pm, shortlisting candidates will be eligible to appear in UPSC Geologist Exam to be commenced from 28-06-2019 onwards. The online Applications can be withdrawn from 23-04-2019 to 30-04-2019 till 6:00 PM.
To know the other details about the UPSC Geologist Exam 2019 and applying online for UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist And Geologist Examination-2019, read this page which is created by team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
UPSC Geologist Exam 2019
UPSC Geologist Exam Dates 2019:
|Date of UPSC Geologist Exam Notification||20-03-2019|
|UPSC Geologist Last Date to Apply||16-04-2019|
|UPSC Geologist Tier 1 Exam||28-06-2019|
|Duration of Examination||Three Days|
|UPSC Geologist Tier 2 Exam||Updating Soon|
|Date of Upload||22-03-2019|
UPSC Geologist Vacancies 2019:
|Name||No. Of UPSC Geologist Vacancy Available|
|Geologist, Group A||50|
|Geophysicist, Group A||14|
|Chemist, Group A||15|
|Junior Hydro geologists (Scientist B), Group A||27|
Get Here More: Sarkari Naukri- Latest Jobs
Willing job seekers should be either:
- A Citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
UPSC Geologist Exam Eligibility:
- For Geologists Gr ‘A’:
Candidates should have a Masters Degree in Geological Science / Geology / Geo-Exploration / Mineral Exploration / Engineering Geology / Marine Geology / Earth Science and Resource management / Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies / Petroleum Geosciences or Petroleum Exploration / Geochemistry / Geological Technology from
- For Geophysicists:
Candidates should possess M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or Geophysics or Integrated Exploration Geophysics or Applied Geophysics or Marine Geophysics or Tech. or Applied Geophysics with good academic records.
- For Chemists:
Applicants are required to possess M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from recognized institution for participating in UPSC Geologist Exam 2019.
- For Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist-B):
Candidates should have Masters Degree in Geology or Applied Geology or marine Geology from reputed institute.
Must Check: UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria
UPSC Geologist Exam Age Limit (as on 01-01-2019):
|Name of Post||Age Limit (Years)|
|Geologist, Group A|
21 to 32
|Geophysicist, Group A|
|Chemist. Group A|
|Junior Hydro Geologists (Scientist B), Group A||21 to 35|
UPSC Geologist Exam 2019 Age Relaxation
|Category||Upper Age Limit|
|Scheduled Caste /|
|Other Backward Classes||3 years|
|Domiciled Candidates in|
the State of Jammu & Kashmir
|Defence Services Personnel||3 years|
UPSC Geologist Exam 2019 Fee:
- Candidates belong to General and OBC category has to pay an application fee of Rs. 200/-(Rupees Two Hundred Only).
- Fee should be paid either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ state bank of Patiyala / state bank of Travancore or by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
- All Female Candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes are not required to pay any fee.
UPSC Geologist Selection Process 2019:
UPSC Geologist Exam shall be conducted according to the following plan:—
(i) Stage-I: Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Test (Objective Type Papers) for the selection of candidates for the Stage-II: Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination;
(ii) Stage-II: Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination (Descriptive Type Papers) and
(iii) Stage-III: Personality Test
UPSC Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Exam Pattern:
Here below we have placed UPSC Geologist Exam Pattern, you must have a look and prepare for exam as according to it:
|Stage-I: Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination [Objective-type]|
|Stream-I : Geologist & Jr. Hydrogeologist|
|Paper-I : General Studies||2 Hours||100 Marks|
|Paper-II : Geology/Hydrogeology||2 Hours||300 Marks|
|Stage-II: Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination [Descriptive-type]|
|Stream-I : Geologist|
|Paper-I : Geology||3 Hours||200 Marks|
|Paper-II : Geology||3 Hours||200 Marks|
|Paper-III : Geology||3 Hours||200 Marks|
|Stage-III : Personality Test –||200 Marks|
Get Updated: UPSC Geologist Exam Pattern
Process to fill UPSC Geologist Online Application Form:
Candidates can apply for UPSC Geologist Exam by following the steps mentioned below:
- Candidates are required to visit the official site of organization that is www.upsc.gov.in
- On home page of official site go to “Recruitment” section and hit the link.
- Now many notifications will be appeared in this page select the appropriate link of the UPSC Geologist Exam Notification.
- Then read the instructions carefully before applying online for UPSC Geologist Part- I Registration and UPSC Geologist Part- II Registration.
- Go to the link UPSC Geologist Exam Online Application.
- Now candidates can fill online application form in all manners including personal details and academic details.
- Candidates must mention valid email id and contact number in application form.
- Upload scanned photograph and signature of requisite size.
- After complete all process for online application form review once at entire form
- Take print out of filled UPSC Geo- Scientist Application Form for future use.
Following are the documents required while appearing for personality test/personal interview round:
- Certificate in support of claim to belong to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward
- Classes where applicable
- Certificate of Age
- Certificate of Educational Qualification
- Certificate in support of claim for age/ fee concession, wherever applicable
- Certificate in support of being physically handicapped (wherever applicable)
UPSC Geologist Exam Centre 2019:
Allotment of centers will be on “first-apply-first allot” basis, and once the capacity of a particular Centre is attained the same will be frozen.
UPSC Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Syllabus:
Examination will contain questions based on Geology, Geophysics, Chemistry and Hydrogeology. Prepare all the topics that are given in the UPSC Geologist Exam Syllabus to score good marks. Candidates may also download Geo-Scientist syllabus through the direct link that is given below.
UPSC Geologist Admit Card:
Candidates may get entry in exam hall with their UPSC Geo-scientist Exam Admit Card. Your Geoscientist Hall Ticket will be made available on official portal of Union Public Service Commission before two week of UPSC Geologist Exam. Please carry your identity proof along with admit card at time of exam.
UPSC Geologist Exam Result 2019:
Candidates will be able to download UPSC Geo-Scientist Result in the month of July 2019. Qualified contenders are required to go for filling Detailed Application Form (DAF) in the month of July 2019 and later need to participate in Interview that will be held on August 2019.
For more details regarding UPSC Combined Geoscientist and Geologist Exam 2019, candidates may go through this Official Link. You can visit our web portal that is www.recruitmentinboxx.com regularly for upcoming details regarding UPSC Geologist Exam 2019.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|UPSC Notification||UPSC Geologist Question Papers|
|Upcoming PSC Notification||UPSC Syllabus|
|UPSC Exam Pattern||UPSC Study Material|
|UPSC Coaching Institutes||UPSC Geologist Exam Books|