SBI PO Eligibility Criteria
State Bank of India conducts entrance exam on yearly basis for selecting worthy candidates for Probationary Officers in its branches all over India. Candidates can check SBI PO Eligibility Criteria, Age Limit of all categories such as UR/SC/ST/OBC, Qualification and other important details from here who are going to appear in Upcoming SBI PO 2019 Exam.
As per SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2019, candidates who aspire to join as a Probationary Officer in SBL should possess graduate degree or equivalent qualification from any of the recognized University. The final year/semester candidates are also eligible to apply for this post.
SBI PO Exam 2019
SBI PO 2019 Exam will be conducted on 8th, 9th, 15th & 16th June 2019 in three phases: Prelims, Mains and Group exercises & Interview round. Contenders must note that the application process for SBI PO 2019 has been started now and continues till 22-04-2019. So, must check eligibility criteria of SBI PO 2019 from this page.
To be part of State Bank of India Recruitment Exam for PO positions, candidates must fulfill those parameters which are prescribed by the authority. To check updated SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2019, candidates need to go through the below mentioned section of this page which is well maintained by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria
To get the jobs in SBI, it’s not any easy path. Candidates have to appear in the prelims exam and then in mains exam and the candidates who clears both the phases of examination gets the chance to serve the State Bank of India. To appear in the exam the candidates need to ensure the below stated eligibility criteria for SBI PO 2019.
There are three major eligibility criteria that you must have to full fill for SBI Recruitment. These are as follow:
- Education Qualification
- Age Limitations
All the candidates who are eager to apply for the post of Probationary Officer (PO) in SBI must check SBI Probationary Officers Eligibility Criteria given below.
- must be a citizen of India
- must be a subject of Nepal or
- must be a subject of Bhutan or
- Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 to be settled permanently in India
- a person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
SBI PO Qualification:
- Candidates, who are planning to apply for SBI Exam 2019, must possess Graduation Degree in any concerned discipline form any well-known university or Institute recognized by the Government.
- Applicants, who are pursuing final year/semester of their Graduation, are also eligible to apply for SBI PO examination.
- The candidates must have passed previous year examination and there are no marks criteria.
- Candidates who have an integrated dual degree certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before August 31, 2019.
- CA candidates can also apply for SBI PO 2019.
Read Out Complete: SBI PO Recruitment Notification
SBI PO Age Limit:
- As per SBI PO Age Limit Criteria, the age of applying candidates should not be more than 30 years and should not be less than 21 years. Candidates should have been born not later than April 1, 1998, as well as not earlier than April 2, 1989.
- Age relaxation will be applicable for reserved category candidates. To see the relaxation, candidates need to see below:
|Sr. No.||Category of candidates||Relaxation in Age|
|1||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|3||Persons With Disabilities||(SC/ST): 15 yearsOBC: 13 yearsGeneral: 10 years|
|4||Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within the stipulated time) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment||5 years|
|5||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
Also Know Here: SBI PO Salary Structure
SBI PO EWS Category:
EWS stands for the economically weaker section in India. Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) had released an official memorandum announcing 10% reservation for EWS category in all Government Jobs (which includes banking jobs like SBI PO).
The EWS category reservation in the SBI PO 2019 recruitment will cover all those candidates who are under economically weaker sections who have not been covered under the SC, ST and OBC reservations. This basically means the General category candidates from poor families. The step is taken by department to allow people from poor background and provide better chance of a bright future with a government job.
SBI PO 2019 EWS Reservation – Income & Asset Criteria
- Family Income from all sources – salary, agriculture, business, profession, etc. should be less than 8.00 Lakhs per annum.
- Family which does NOT own 5 acres of agricultural land and above.
- Family which does NOT own Residential flat of 1000 sq ft. and above.
- Residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above should NOT be owned by the Family in notified municipalities
- Residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above, should NOT be owned by the Family, in areas other than the notified municipalities.
Number of chances for SBI PO:
|Category||Number of Chances|
|SC/SC(PWD)/ ST/ ST (PWD)||No Restriction|
Read Out the Difference: SBI PO vs. IBPS PO
Do you know about some Important Information?
- For selection, State Bank of India conducts written exam to hire candidates for Probationary Officer. Selection procedure conducts in three phases such as Phase- I: Preliminary Examination, Phase- II: Main Examination, Phase- III: Group Discussion and Interview.
- Applicants, who declared qualify in Preliminary Examination are eligible to appear in Main Examination. Those candidates have qualified both exam, will be called for Group Discussion and Interview.
Find Out More: Upcoming Bank Jobs
SBI PO Important Dates 2019:
|Start Date of SBI PO Application Form||02-04-2019|
|Last Date to Apply Online for SBI PO||22-04-2019|
|SBI PO Admit Card Download Date||3rd week of May 2019 onwards|
|SBI PO Exam Date 2019 (Prelims)||8th, 9th, 15th & 16th June 2019|
|SBI PO Result Date||1st week of July 2019|
|SBI PO Mains Call Letter Date||2nd week of July 2019|
|SBI PO Mains Exam Date||20-07-2019|
|SBI PO Mains Result Date||3rd week of August 2019|
|SBI PO Interview Call Letter||4th week of August 2019|
|Group Exercises & Interview Date||September 2019|
|SBI PO Final Result Declaration Date||2nd week of October 2019|
|Download of call letters for|
|2nd week of May 2019 onwards|
|Conduct of Pre- Examination Training||4th week of May 2019|
Contenders, who want to grab more details about SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2019 and State Bank of India Probationary Officer (PO) exam, such as exam date, admit card, syllabus, previous paper, visit our web portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com on regular basis.
You can also write us in the below stated comment box for any query regarding SBI PO eligibility 2019, SBI bank PO eligibility and eligibility for SBI PO 2019. We will soon give you a positive response and try to solve all your queries related to eligibility criteria for SBI PO.
You May Also Like To Check This Section