Science & Technology Current Affairs
Gaining knowledge in the field of Science & Technology is quite helpful in the daily lives of people and making their life style advanced. So for them, we are providing Science & Technology Current Affairs Here….. Our country India comes on the third rank for creative investment destinations in the tech transactions in the world and on the other side, it comes in world’s top 10 nations in the number of scientific publications. This is just a start, candidates who want to attain other recent discovery in the field of science and technology in India can get from this page. The most important part i.e. Science & Technology Inventions Ques/Ans is available here. So get ready to download Latest Science & Technology Current Affairs 2017 PDF.
Indian Space Research Organization is all set to launch 2 satellites in the month of March and April 2017. Well there are many inventions and innovations that are being come in progress by India, the main motive behind it is just to make leader in industrialization and technological development.This article is not only beneficial for those who want to grab knowledge in this field but also to our visitors who are preparing for any competitive exam. Candidates go through this page which is well shaped by the team members of www.recruitmentinboxx.com and get complete Science & Technology Current Affairs.
Science & Technology Current Affairs
Latest Science and Technology Current Affairs PDF Discovery
List Of Scientific and Technological Developments
|Discovery/ Development||Country/ Organization||Trivia/ Description|
Space Research and Discovery
|High-thrust cryogenic engine CE20||ISRO, India||To be used in heavy launch vehicle GSLV Mk-III.|
|X-Ray Astronomy satellite ASTRO-H||JAXA, Japan||Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency launched it from Tanegashima Space Centre.|
|5 new Jupiter-like planets||UK||Exhibit properties similar to Jupiter.|
|Widest planet system||US,UK, Australia||It has 7,000 astronomical units (AU) width. (Neptune is 30 AU from the Sun)|
|2nd largest black hole in Milky Way||Keio University Japan||Signs of an invisible black hole with mass 105 times the mass of Sun.|
|Galactoseismology||India||Method to detect dwarf galaxies dominated by dark matter.|
Also explains ripples on outer disk of galaxy.
|EKS Kosmos 2510||Russia||1st satellite having early warning system.|
Will detect missiles heading towards Russia.
|Liquid Water on Mars||NASA||Images by Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) show dark, narrow streaks running downhill.|
|ASTROSAT||ISRO, India||India’s 1st dedicated multi wavelength space observatory.|
|Prandtl-m aircraft||NASA||A glider prototype that would be deployed on Mars for agency’s missions.|
|CR7 Galaxy||Portugal||The brightest galaxy in the early universe, named after Cristiano Ronaldo.|
|World’s largest asteroid impact zone||Australia||Found in Warburton Basin of central Australia.|
|Kepler 438b and Kepler 442b||USA||2 Earth-like planets spotted by Nasa’sKepler space telescope.|
Defence and Combat
|Dhanush Ballistic Missile||India||It is a naval variant of India’s indigenously-developed Prithvi missile.|
Missile has a strike range of 350km.
|INS Astradharini||India||1st indigenously-designed and built torpedo launch and recovery vessel.|
|INS Kochi||India||Indigenously built largest destroyer warship.|
|Akash Missile||India||Indigenously-built surface-to-air missile.|
Strike range of 25km and can carry warheads up to 60kg.
|BrahMos Supersonic Cruise Missile||India||Successful 48th test firing of BrahMos.|
Has a range of 290km and a Mach 2.8 speed.
|Akash Weapon System (AWS)||India||Indigenously developed and inducted into the Indian Army.|
Health and Medicine
|ZikaVac||Bharat Biotech, India||World’s first vaccine for Zika Virus.|
|BGR-34||India||1st Ayurvedic anti-diabetic drug.|
BGR is acronym for Blood Glucose Regulator.
|Artificial Liver Tissue||India||India’s 1st artificial liver tissue using 3-D printing technology.|
|Mosquirix||UK||World’s 1st Malaria vaccine.|
|Treatment for Fungal Keratitis||CCMB Hyderabad, India||A Nano-particle-based drug delivery method to fight Fungal Keratitis|
|DNA sequencing based blood test||USA||Will help diagnose Ebola & other pathogens.|
Science and Technology
|NBeG 47||India||First machine harvestable chickpea variety.|
To address labour shortage & reduce hard work.
|Elements 113, 115, 117 & 118||IUPAC||Added to 7th Row of the Periodic Table by International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry.|
|Pruthvi Chip||Saankhya Labs, India||Chip powers a system that can use TV White Space or wasted spectrum bandwidth to beam Internet to scores of households.|
|Quantum Dot (QD) Spectrometer||USA||Small enough to fit inside a smartphone camera.|
Spectrometers measure properties of light.
|Leap Second 2015||India||30th June 2015 clocked 1 second longer as an extra second was added to the clocks world-wide at 23:59:59.|
|World’s first water-based computer||India-America||Synchronous computer that operates using the unique physics of moving water droplets.|
|Edge Web Browser||USA||Announced by Microsoft. Claimed to enhance user experience.|
Research and Discovery
|Tree frog Ghatixalusmagnus||India||Discovered in the high ranges of Idukki district in the Western Ghats of Kerala.|
|New tree frog genus||India||Discovered a new genus of tree hole-breeding frogs in the forests of northeast.|
|Dracula Ant||India||Discovered by a group of citizen scientists in the Western Ghats region of Kerala.|
|New species of Giant Tortoise named Chelonoidisdonfaustoi||Galapagos islands||Giant tortoises in the Galapagos weigh up to 250kg and live longer than 100 years.|
|World’s longest Continental Volcanic Chain||Australia||Longest chain of continental volcanoes.|
Stretching almost 2000 km along east coast.
|Mount Aso Volcano||Japan||The largest active volcano of Japan.|
Erupted on 14 September 2015.
|New fish species named PuntiusDolichopterus||India||Discovered from a small water stream in Kayamkulam city of Kerala.|
|1st species of Yeti Crab named Kiwatyleri||Antarctica||Discovery of the first species of Yeti Crab in Antarctica in the journal PLOS ONE.|
|New species of Geckos, CnemaspisAdii||India||Spotted at the ruins of the World Heritage Site of Hampi, Karnataka.|
|World’s smallest goanna lizard species||Australia||Named Dampier Peninsula Goanna while its scientific name is Varanussparnus.|
|Plant Species Nepenthes Zygon||UK||Growing for almost a decade and helping to keep down cockroaches.|
Hit Here: Get Complete Info of Pratiyogita Darpan
Science & Technology Key Highlights
- NASA’s Cassini spacecraft set to embark on its final mission
- NASA’s Curiosity Rover captures images of clouds on Mars
- ISRO to develop full-fledged Hyperspectral Imaging Earth observation satellite
- Centre to detect cyber security threats made operational
- Venus: First environmental research satellite launched by Israel
- Human embryos edited to stop disease
- Historic discovery, Sun’s Core rotates four times faster than its surface
- Scientists develop strong adhesive for wound healing
- Scientists journey to the world’s hidden 8th continent
- In a first in USA, scientists edit DNA of human embryos
- Researchers develop new method to generate human antibodies
- BillionAbles App to help disabled find accessible public places
- NASA to let public become Citizen Scientist during Total Solar Eclipse
- Spanish scientists discover compound that can combat effects of Zika virus
- Astrosat, Chandra and Hubble jointly detect massive cosmic explosion on Proxima Centauri
- Neil Armstrong Moon Bag sold for USD 1.8 million in New York
- Widely used malaria drug may shield foetuses from Zika infection
- Researchers from IISER Kolkata develop flame-proof, rust-resistant material
- NASA Langley Research Centre turns 100 years old
- NASA’s New Horizons spacecraft unveils new maps of Pluto, Charon
- Saraswati, a supercluster of galaxies, discovered by Indian scientists
Also Check Month Wise: Latest Current Affairs
Science & Technology Inventions Ques/Ans
1. Researchers from the University of California, Santa Cruz on August 10, 2017 discovered four earth-size planets in which constellation?
- tau Ceti
Answer: tau Ceti
2.Name the Chinese quantum satellite which transmitted data on August 10, 2017.
- SRO on August 9, 2017 announced to launch Earth observation satellite. Which of the given fact/s about the satellite is/are true?
(1) The satellite is called Hyperspectral Imaging Satellite or HySIS.
(2) The satellite can see in 56 spectral or colour bands from 630 km above ground.
(3) The HySIS satellite has critical chip called an “optical imaging detector array’” indigenously developed by ISRO.
(4) ISRO first tried it out in an 83-kg IMS-1 experimental satellite in May 2008.
- Both 1 and 3
- Only 2
- Only 1,3 and 4
- Only 4
- Only 3
Answer: Only 2
START: Free Online Test Series
4.Indian Institute of Science researchers have developed a ________ laser.
- Cadmium oxide
- Calcium oxide
- Chromium oxide
- Cobalt oxide
- Carbon monoxide
Answer: Carbon monoxide
5. Scientists at IIT-______ have developed a new drug delivery platform using nanoparticles.
6. IIT-______ has developed silk mats to arthritis.
7. Microsoft on August 4, 2017 signed an agreement with which State government to use AI to screen kids for eye issues?
8.________on August 3, 2017 signed an agreement with the Indian Dental Association (IDA) to start India’s first digital initiative for prevention and early detection of oral cancer.
- All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health
- National Institute of Virology
- Regional Cancer Centre
- Punjab Institute of Medical Sciences
- None of the above
Answer: None of the above
Visit Here To Get: Samanya Gyan Darpan EMagzine
9. ISRO has signed an agreement with which institute to make the indigenous GPS system, NAvIC?
10 Which of the above statements are true?
- Only 1 and 3
- Only 2, 3 and 5
- Only 1, 2 and 3
- Only 1, 3, 4 and 5
- All of the above
Answer: Only 1, 2 and 3
11 ISRO is building the Synthetic Aperture Radar (NISAR) with the help of which space agency?
Must Check This Link for Weekly Job Updates: Employment News- Latest Updates
12 ISRO will build its second vehicle assembly building in ________.
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
Answer: Andhra Pradesh
13 On August 2, 2017 a team of astronomers discovered that the Sun’s core rotates 4 times faster than the solar surface. The discovery was made using the ______ telescope
- CERN Axion
14 Which Indian institute has created aejectable and floating black box for planes?
15 ISRO on August 1, 2017 announced to launch its backup navigation satellite _____ by August 2017.
Know here Starting Pay Scale: Technical Officer Salary
16 On July 31, 2017 scientists from Harvard University’s Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences created a bio-glue to heal wounds. The gel has been inspired by an adhesive material secreted by ________.
17 Which company on July 28, 2017 announced a new artificial intelligence (AI)-powered solution called ‘Drishti’ that would help the visually-impaired people?
18 Name the ship launched by scientists to uncover the secrets of Zealandia.
19 Name the artificial intelligence(AI) software developed on July 27, 2017 which can create 3D models from two dimensional photographs.
Join Us & Get Free Subscription: Enter Mail ID Here
20 Which space agency will send balloons in August 2017 to study solar eclipses?
We hope the above furnished information regarding Science & Technology Current Affairs 2017 will be gainful for you, stay tuned with this portal of www.recruitmentinboxx.com for regular updates.
You May Also Like To Check This Section:
|Political Current Affairs||Railway Current Affairs|
|IBPS Current Affairs||Defence Current Affairs|
|Latest Private Jobs||More Government Jobs|
|Latest Walkins||Strategies of Personality Development|