National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) invites applications to grant the NBHM Scholarship to students for pursuing research for a Ph.D. degree in mathematics. Registration for Scholarship has been commenced form 10-11-2018.
Candidates can apply for Scholarships For Pursing Doctoral Program (Ph.D) In Mathematics 2019-20 by submitting the NBHM Scholarship Online Application latest before 07-12-2018. Written exam for Scholarship will be conducted on 19-01-2019.
NBHM PHD Scholarships 2019
Through National Board for Higher Mathematics Scholarship will get admission to the Ph.D./Integrated Ph.D. programmes of certain institutions in India. Selection of students NBHM Scholarship 2019 will be done on the basis of their performance in written exam and interview.
Applicants to attain more details about NBHM Scholarship 2019, must read this entire page till beneath section of this page which is well presented by then expert team member of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
NBHM Scholarship 2019
NBHM Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- For NBHM Ph.D scholarship one should hold a Masters degree in (pure or applied) mathematics or statistics with good academic record (first class or equivalent grade in all years from Plus Two level to the present i.e. 60%).
- One must passed B.Sc. (Honours) course with a second class (i.e. 55%), provided they have master’s degree or are in final year.
- Students who have passed four-year B.S. (or equivalent) Examination or those are in final year, but such candidates are eligible to get NBHM scholarship only if they secure admission to recognized Ph.D programme by August 2019
- Students who wish to apply for the Ph.D/Integrated Ph.D programmes of HRI, IISER, Pune, IMSc, or NISER must apply and appear for the written test. For this purpose, apart from the students mentioned earlier, students holding a B.Sc./B. Stat/B.S./B.Tech./B.E. degree, or those in the final year of such degree courses, with a consistently good academic record from Plus Two level as mentioned above may also apply. Students for these doctoral programs need not apply separately to these institutions again.
Get Best Answer: How Do I Get College Scholarship
NBHM Scholarship Amount
Candidates who will selected for NBHM Scholarship Successful will be awarded Rs. 25,000/- per month for the first and second year and Rs. 28,000/- per month for subsequent years, a contingency grant of Rs. 32,000/- per year and house rent allowance as per central government norms wherever applicable.
NBHM fellowships will be provided for a period of four years. Scholarship will be renewed at the end of each year, subject to satisfactory progress. If deemed fit, the scholarship may be extended for a fifth year at the discretion of NBHM.
Objective of NBHM Scholarship 2019
- To promote growth of higher mathematics in country and provide financial aid to research projects and to doctoral and postdoctoral scholars.
- To motivate the excellent scholars for pursuing research for a Ph.D. degree in mathematics and to get admissions to the Ph.D./Integrated Ph.D. programmes.
NBHM Scholarship Selection Process 2019
Selection of the students for NBHM PhD Mathematics Scholarship 2019 will be done on the basis of written test followed by screening test. Final selection of shortlisted contenders in the examination will be made on the basis of interview.
NBHM Ph.d Scholarship Exam Scheme
In Scholarship written test, questions will be asked from topics of master’s degree Programmes in mathematics. Exam should be completed within 150 minutes.
NBHM Ph.d 2019 Scholarship Exam Centers
|Zone 1||Chandigarh||New Delhi||Srinagar||–||–|
|Zone 3||Goa||Mumbai||Pune||Vallabh Vidyanagar||–|
Read Out: 7 Reasons Why Scholarships Are Essential
Procedure to apply for NBHM Scholarship 2019
Contenders can apply for National Board for Higher Mathematics scholarship 2019 by following the below mentioned hassle free steps.
- First of all, contenders have to go through the National Board for Higher Mathematics Official Website that is www.nbhm.dae.gov.in
- Now go through the NBHM Ph.D Scholarship Advertisement 2019-20 link from the home page.
- Read the complete details mentioned in NBHM Notification of Scholarship 2019 carefully.
- Eligible contenders have to go to the apply online link
- NBHM Online Application Form 2019 in prescribed format with required details
- Upload recent passport sized photograph and all relevant documents
- At last press the “submit” tab and take out printed copy of NBHM Scholarship application form for future use.
Addresses of NBHM Scholarship Zonal Coordinators:
|Zone 1||Prof. Gurmeet Kaur Bakshi, Department of Mathematics, Punjab University, Hans Raj Gupta Hall, Chandigarh – 160 014||[email protected]|
|Zone 2||Prof. Kalyan Chakraborty, Harish-Chandra Research Institute, Chhatnag Road, Jhusi,|
Allahabad – 211 019
|Zone 3||Prof. Siddhartha Bhattacharya, School of Mathematics, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba, Mumbai – 400 005||[email protected]|
|Zone 4||Dr. Avishek Adhikari, Department of Pure Mathematics, University of Calcutta,|
35, Ballygunge Circular Road, Kolkata – 700 019
|Zone 5||Prof. S. Kesavan, c/o Institute of Mathematical Sciences, CIT Campus, Taramani, Chennai – 600 113||[email protected]|
|NBHM Scholarship Online Registration starting Dates||10-11-2018 (Saturday)|
|NBHM Scholarship 2019 Online Registration Closing Date||07-12-2018 (Friday) till 11.59 PM|
|Download of Hall Ticket||05-01-2018 (Saturday)|
|Date of Written Test||19-01-2019 (Saturday)|
With the help of above mentioned link contenders can navigate to the official site to fetch more details of NBHM Scholarship 2019 Candidates, follow us on Facebook or Google Plus while you can use our www.recruitmentinboxx.com free email service also.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section