Candidates appearing for Common Entrance Exam of Design Exam can download their CEED Syllabus in PDF format by following an online procedure well illustrated on below. CEED Exam is conducted by IIT Bombay for admission to Master in Design (M. Des) and PhD Design courses and candidates must be preparing for IIT CEED Exam. To get CEED Exam Paper Pattern in PDF form you must take a look further till the end of this page. Also candidates can download CEED Syllabus 2017 through online mode.
This Page Includes:
Common Entrance Exam of Design Syllabus
Detailed Part A and B Syllabus of CEED Online Exam
CEED Paper Pattern
Study Material for CEED Examination
CEED Preparation Tips
Contenders can get all information such as exam pattern and syllabus, etc on the below. Applicants can check and keep visiting our web portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com to attain all the updated and essential details regarding CEED Paper from here.
According to an analysis of the past year papers, and coaching institutes, broadly the CEED Syllabus can be defined as follows.
|Color theory||Logical reasoning|
|Communication skills||Logo designing|
|Creative writing skills||Perspective|
|Design concept||Problem identification and design problem solving|
|Drawing abilities and skills||Product designing|
|How to develop characters||Scale and proportion.|
|Light and shadow||-|
CEED Syllabus 2017 for Part A
|Visualization and Spatial Ability||
|Environmental and Social Awareness||
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||
|Language and Creativity||
|Design thinking and Problem Solving||Ability to understand the context, the users and the constraints and select the most appropriate solution for a given design problem.|
|Observation and Design Sensitivity||
Must Read: How to Score Good Marks in Exam
CEED Syllabus 2017 for Part B:
|Drawing||Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with
|Creativity||Ability to think out of the box and come up with unique as well as diverse solutions.|
|Communication Skills||Ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of text and visuals.|
|Analytical and Problem Solving Skills||Ability to understand the user and the context, knowledge of properties of materials and process and their appropriate use in-
Check Out: 11 Tips To Remember What You Read
CEED Exam Pattern:
|Part||Type of Questions||Duration|
|Part A||Multiple Choice Type||1 hour|
|Part B||Design And Hand Drawing Type Questions||2 hour|
- Part A is a screening test.
- Part B of this examination will be evaluated only for those competitors who will be short listed in the Part-A.
- Only Part B score will be counted for final merit list to qualify CEED.
Do You Know: How To Reduce Negative Marking In Exam
Study Material CEED Exam
Competitors should have best study material during preparation. It is necessary to follow best books and solved papers or previous year question paper that helps a lot and gives info about pattern, level and type of questions. There are some good books for you to go through them to improve your drawing skills. Check them below:
- A very good sketching view of drawings and general things and drawing techniques can be found in the book by David Lewis.
- A book about basis of drawing instruments, holding positions, perspective, quality of lines and shading techniques for beginners by freebies4u.net.
- My favorite book on Perspective drawing; A complete beginner guide, handbook by Joseph D’Amelio.
- A very good website giving step-by-step guide for beginners from how to draw
- A free pencil shading exercise by David Lewis.
- A broad explanation about human portrait sketching by Wendon Blake.
Get Best Answer: How To Write On Exam Paper Faster & Better
Tips For CEED Exam Preparation:
You must know that knowing only CEED Syllabus is not enough to clear the exam, so you require few tips in order to attempt the questions. The Part B is all about hand drawing, sketching and also expressing through your designing skills. Let’s check here listed few tricks one must know to crack CEED Exam.
- CEED Previous Year Papers – Practice from the previous year papers. CEED Question Papers are given here. You must see what types of questions were asked previously. There will be no repeated questions, but you will get an idea of what the examiners want.
- The pencil is your weapon – Free hand sketching will show that you’re focusing on what. So, focus on it well. Take any object you come across and sketch them in different perspectives. You should know how their sectional views would be. It is not necessary to excel in portraits or such kind of art, but you must know well to express your ideas through drawings. Grade B pencils should be used for rapid work and where shading is involved.
- Broaden your view, thought expressing and outlook– As design is not just about aesthetics. It is about thinking outside the box. When you check out the Part B questions asked in past years, you will know what this means.
- Visualize – You need to see in your mind’s eye what you want to put on paper. Everyday try to visualize at least one unique idea and sketch it.
Check Here: How To Get Rid Of Sleeping While Studying
We recommend all visitors to stay connected with us through our web portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com for getting essential information about CEED Syllabus 2017 or other info about Common Entrance Exam of Design.
You May Also Like To Check This Section